Monday, August 14, 2006

 















Cambridge - My husband and I have been admirers of Stephen Hawking for a long time and I set myself a mission to try and capture a few of his genius ions by seeking him out in Cambridge. Sadly I never met him or saw him but the Universe let me find his favourite tea shop called Fitzbillies. I loved what they sell and their ambience and didn't my gaze fall to the side of their front window where waiting for me was an autographed picture from Stephen with the adage
'I'll have 4 of each please'. He might have been referring to the Valharona patisseries beautifully displayed in the window. The other images are the Sir Issac Newton Centre and in the distance the DAMTP where Stephen has an office. The building on the bottom right might be the office building but hard to tell and it was Saturday so everything was shut.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?