Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 






The Cotswolds - Evesham - I really needed to have the tourist bureau open to find a B+B in a private residence but despite the fact I practically ran there and it still should have been open it was not. Undeterred in most unlady like fashion I banged on the door and got a map and found the place afterall. On the River Avon I fed swans and their signets. The youngsters didn't know about not biting the hand that feeds you but no damage was done.

This is the telescope the home owner machined himself and with which he photographed the transit of Venus across the sun. He and his wife went on a cruise to get pictures of the eclipse earlier this year. The final picture is the Triumph from 1970 in which I got a ride to the train station so they wouldn't have to worry about me hauling all my luggage back through Evesham on time to catch the train.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?